It's that time of year again, where for 3 days of Black Friday Weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) instead of our usual 10% of profits donation, we're gonna give 30% of our profits to SOS Children's Villages. This is our 8th year running a "give back" and the response has always been so great. Our donations year round are being given toward a 'Youth and Training & Employment Programme' in the Gambia and we're so happy to say our donations this year have already met the allocated L&C budget set out by SOS for the project. As this target has been reached, we've decided to give 30% profits (of Black Friday weekend) to an Emergency Humanitarian Appeal set by SOS Children's Villages to support children and families affected by the conflict on the ground in the Gaza Strip, The West Bank and Israel.
This joint humanitarian appeal was recently launched by SOS Children’s Villages International Office, in collaboration with SOS Children’s Villages Palestine and SOS Children’s Villages Israel.
We asked SOS what the emergency programme provides:
Direct humanitarian support to the most affected families and separated children to avoid further family separation
- Unaccompanied or separated children due to this humanitarian crisis. Children affected by this crisis who have lost or are at risk of losing parental care, as well as their caregivers, social workers, teachers, and community volunteers.
- Emergency care services for unaccompanied or separated children, including identification, registration, and placement in safe and nurturing environments
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), particularly for children and caregivers, to help them cope with trauma and emotional distress
- Temporary remedial classes for school-aged children affected by the war until schools are restored
- Financial support to families facing difficulties, including female-headed households and youth
Read more or make a further donation to SOS HERE.
Love Reb x